Repeating a Failed Course

A student who has received a failing grade in a course may not register or be assigned to retake that course with the same professor. A student requesting an exemption from this rule must submit a written request to the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs showing compelling circumstances.

A student may not retake any course in which the student received a passing grade. Other than required courses, a student may elect to repeat a course in which he or she earned a failing grade (F). The repetition of the course does not remove the prior grade from the student's academic record.