Bad Weather Policy
The determination whether to close or delay classes is made by the University of Louisville; the Brandeis School of Law follows those determinations. The School of Law follows the University’s lead in all weather-related cancellations and delays.
Please note that the University will provide official school closing information in the following ways:
- A notice at the top of the University home page;
- Rave Alert messages to all students and employees at their official university e-mail addresses;
- Rave Alert text messages sent to all students and employees registered to receive them; and
- Recorded message at 852-5555.
The specific School of Law policies state:
1. If the University cancels classes for the entire day, all School of Law classes are canceled.
2. If the University delays the start of classes, the following rules apply:
a. All classes scheduled to end at or before 10:15 a.m. are canceled, and
b. All classes scheduled to begin at 10:25 a.m. will meet at their normal time.
3. If the university cancels evening classes, all School of Law classes beginning at or after 4:15 p.m. are canceled.
4. Notwithstanding the prior rules, if any delay or cancellation affects only the Belknap campus, Law and Law Clinic II will meet as scheduled, unless the Clinic Director indicates otherwise.
Check the University of Louisville's home page for the latest information about closings, cancellations or delays.