International Advanced Standing
Advanced Standing Option for Admission
The University of Louisville School of Dentistry offers an Advanced Standing admission option into the DMD program for selected individuals who have received a dental degree from an institution outside the United States or Canada. The program will be customized for each admitted student and will range from two to three years in length.
The total number of students admitted is dependent upon both the school’s available resources and on space available in the class. Contact ULSD Student Affairs for more information prior to applying for the program.
Applicants must apply through the ADEA’s Centralized Application for Advanced Placement for International Dentist (CAAPID).
University of Louisville School of Dentistry Office of Student Affairs
501 S. Preston St.
Louisville, KY 40202
Length of Program: The program will be customized for admitted students and last a minimum of 28 months.
Program Deadline: July 1
Start Date: January
Class Size: Based on space available
Degree Awarded: DMD
Tuition: Same as ULSD traditional program
Requirements to Apply to Program
Applicants submit the following to CAAPID:
English Language Proficiency
- Must be proficient in the English language
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to provide TOEFL scores unless they have taken at least 90 college credit hours or completed a Masters degree in a U.S. or Canadian institution of higher education.
- Internet-based TOEFL (iBT) scores are also accepted—submit to CAAPID
- Preference given to those scoring at or above a total score of 100 and 26 in speaking and listening
The institution code for submitting TOEFL scores to the University of Louisville School of Dentistry is 5933. For more information about TOEFL testing, go to www.ets.org.
National Board Dental Examination Requirements
- Program requires passing of NBDE Part I and Part II (or the Integrated National Board Dental Examination) to be considered for admission
- Submit National Board Dental Examination or Integrated National Board Examination (INBDE) scores to CAAPID
- Short essay describing why you desire to enter the DMD program
Letters of Evaluation
- Two (2) letters of evaluation required (one professional and one from the senior administrator or dean of applicant’s dental school), written within one year of the application—submit to CAAPID
Transcripts and Evaluations
- Applicant must submit to CAAPID a detailed evaluation by Educational Credentials Evaluators, Inc. (ECE)
- Pay $65 application fee to program online only AFTER requested to do so by program. DO NOT send payments to ULSD until requested.
Only applications that are complete with all the ULSD requirements listed above fulfilled by the application deadline of July 1 will be considered by the Admissions Committee. Please DO NOT submit original documents to ULSD.