Official Withdrawal Required

A student who leaves school without officially withdrawing will receive the grade(s) of F in all classes. To officially withdraw, the student should meet with the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs.

A student who ceases to attend a class, but who does not officially withdraw from the class, will receive a grade of F. The academic calendar each semester specifies a last day to withdraw from a class. Requests by upper-level students to withdraw after this date must be accompanied by a timely statement of compelling circumstances to justify why the student should be withdrawn rather than receive a failing grade.

The Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, in consultation with the Assistant Dean for Student Affairs & Diversity, as well as appropriate faculty, shall determine whether to grant the request.