Classification of Students
Undergraduate students are admitted to an undergraduate enrollment unit and classified as follows:
- Full-time students: students who are registered for 12 or more semester hours in a regular school session.
- Part-time students: students who are registered for fewer than 12 semester hours in a regular school session.
- Regular students: students who have satisfied the admissions requirements for the academic unit in which they are enrolled.
- Special students: students who do not satisfy the admissions requirements for the academic unit in which they are enrolled, but who are admitted by special consent.
- Visiting students: students regularly enrolled in other institutions who desire to register in one of the academic units of the University for one semester. Visiting students must be in good standing in their regular college or university.
- Post-baccalaureate: students holding baccalaureate degrees and taking further undergraduate work.
- Auditors: students enrolled in a class or classes on a noncredit basis.
- Freshmen: students who have fewer than 30 semester hours of credit.
- Sophomores: students who have 30 or more, but fewer than 60 semester hours of credit.
- Juniors: students who have 60 or more, but fewer than 90 semester hours of credit.
- Seniors: students who have 90 or more semester hours of credit but have not received baccalaureate degrees.