This program was approved for students entering the university in the Summer 2019–Spring 2020 catalog year. For more information about catalog year, go to Catalog Year Information.
Admission to the minor in Psychology requires:
- Completion of PSYC 201 with a minimum grade of C;
- Completion of MATH 111 or higher level Math course;
- Completion of PSYC 301 (or department-approved substitute) with a minimum grade of C;
- Completion of 30 hours of degree-applicable credit with a minimum grade point average of 2.0; and
- A minimum grade point average of 2.0 in Psychology.
|PSYC 201||Introduction to Psychology - SB 1||3|
|PSYC 301||Statistics for Psychology (or approved substitute) 1,2||3|
|PSYC 302||Research Methods for Psychology 1||3|
|Select three of the following:||9|
|Brain and Behavior|
|Life Span Developmental Psychology|
|Minimum Total Hours||21|
Completion of the minor requires:
- Completion of PSYC 302 with a minimum grade of C;
- A minimum grade of C-minus in all courses used to meet the requirements in the Psychology minor; and
- A minimum grade point average of 2.0.
At least three (3) semester hours of the requirements for a minor must be successfully completed while enrolled in the University of Louisville.
Must be completed with a grade of C or better
Students must confirm substitutions for PSYC 301 with the department prior to enrollment. Students who substitute a statistics course from another department will need to take an additional Psychology elective to complete the required number of Psychology hours for the program.