This program was approved for students entering the university in the Summer 2022–Spring 2023 catalog year. For more information about catalog year, go to Catalog Year Information.
Admission to the minor in Psychology requires:
- Completion of PSYC 201 with a minimum grade of C1;
- Completion of General Education Cardinal Core QR course with a minimum grade of C1
- Completion of PSYC 301 with a minimum grade of C1;
- Completion of PSYC 302 with a minimum grade of C1
- Completion of 30 hours of degree-applicable credit with a minimum grade point average of 2.0; and
- A minimum grade point average of 2.0 in Psychology.
|PSYC 201||Introduction to Psychology 1||3|
|PSYC 301||Statistics for Psychology 1,2||3|
|PSYC 302||Research Methods for Psychology 1||3|
|Select three of the following:||9|
|Brain and Behavior|
|Life Span Developmental Psychology|
|Foundations of Psychopathology|
|PSYC Electives (must be taken at 300+ level)||3|
|Minimum Total Hours||21|
Completion of the minor requires:
- A minimum grade of C minus in all courses used to meet the requirements in the Psychology minor; and
- A minimum grade point average of 2.0.
At least three (3) semester hours of the requirements for a minor must be successfully completed while enrolled in the University of Louisville.
Students majoring in Neuroscience (NS) who wish to minor in Psychology (PSYC) must complete a minimum of 9 PSYC credits that are not counted toward meeting the NS degree requirements. These 9 credits must include 2 of the following courses: PSYC 306, PSYC 307 or PSYC 308. If these courses are taken as electives for the NS degree, additional PSYC courses must be taken in their place.
Grades of C minus are not accepted
Students must confirm any course substitutions for PSYC 301 with the department prior to enrollment. Students who substitute a course from another department will need to take an additional Psychology elective to complete the required number of Psychology hours for the program.