Data Science (CERT)
The admission standards for the Graduate Certificate program in Data Science are as follows:
- All admission applications for the Graduate Certificate program shall include:
- A completed graduate application for the Graduate School
- Application fee
- Official transcript certifying at least a bachelor's degree. All transcripts not in English must be certified as authentic and translated verbatim into English.
- The minimum requirement for admission is the baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution or current enrollment in a graduate Speed School program.
- The successful applicant will typically have an undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 or above (on a 4.00 scale).
- International students whose primary language is not English must show English language proficiency. Applicants must either submit an official TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo score, or demonstrate a degree award from an acceptable English language institution. The successful applicant will typically have a total TOEFL score of 80 or higher, an overall IELTS score of 6.5 or Duolingo score of 105.
Students can enroll in a Graduate Certificate program either as a non-degree seeking student or as a student simultaneously enrolled in a graduate degree program and this graduate certificate program. Students who wish to earn a graduate degree must meet all admission criteria for the degree program.
All students enrolled in a graduate certificate program are expected to make steady and satisfactory progress toward the completion of the certificate. Students who are not enrolled for a period of more than 12 months will be considered to have withdrawn from the certificate program. Students who seek to return after such a period of time must contact the graduate program director.
The following certificate requirements are mandatory of all Graduate Certificate candidates:
- The Certificate Program of Study must be completed with a 3.00 GPA or better for all graduate courses used to satisfy certificate requirements.
- Graduate certificate students must take all certificate course work at the University of Louisville. No transfer credits will be accepted toward a graduate certificate.
|CSE 535||Introduction to Databases||3|
|or CSE 536||Data Management and Analysis|
|CSE 632||Data Mining||3|
|CSE 635||Data Mining with Linear Models||3|
|Select three of the following:||9|
|Performance Evaluation of Computer Systems|
|Python and Data Analytics|
|Introduction to Machine Learning|
|Deep Learning Algorithms and Methods|
|Experimental Design in Engineering|
|Design and Analysis of Computer Algorithms|
|Web Mining for E-Commerce and Information Retrieval|
|Simulation and Modeling of Discrete Systems|
|Digital Image Processing|
|Introduction to Bioinformatics|
|Special Topics in Computer Science and Engineering (Legal Issues in Data Mining)|
|Special Topics in Computer Science and Engineering (BIG DATA: Document-oriented DB)|
|Special Topics in Computer Science and Engineering (Related Data Mining)|
|Minimum Total Hours||18|
The Certificate Program of Study must be completed with a 3.00 GPA or better for all graduate courses used to satisfy certificate requirements.
Graduate certificate students must take all certificate course work at the University of Louisville. No transfer credits will be accepted toward a graduate certificate.