Teaching English as an International Language - TEIL (CERT)
The admission standards for the graduate certificate in Teaching English as an International Language are as follows:
- A completed Graduate application;
- Application fee;
- Official transcript(s) for all previous post-secondary coursework. All transcripts not in English must be certified by an official agency as authentic and translated verbatim into English.
- The minimum requirement for admission is the baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution or current enrollment in a graduate program at the University of Louisville.
- The successful applicant will have an undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or above (on a 4.00 scale).
- Applicants are required to submit a 500-word essay outlining their rationale for pursuing this certificate as part of their application package.
- International students whose primary language is not English must show English language proficiency. These applicants must either submit an official TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo score, or hold a baccalaureate degree award from a U.S. Department of Education recognized English language institution.
- The successful applicant will have a total TOEFL score of 80 or higher on the internet based test, 213 or higher on the computer-based test for verification of English proficiency. English proficiency can also be met by submitting an official IELTS score of 6.5 or higher on the academic module or Duolingo score of 105.
Students can be simultaneously enrolled in another University of Louisville graduate degree program and this graduate certificate program.
All students enrolled in the graduate certificate program are expected to make steady and satisfactory progress toward the completion of the certificate by taking at least one course each academic semester (excluding Winter and Summer sessions). Students who are not enrolled for a period of one academic calendar year will be considered to have withdrawn from the certificate program and must re-apply for re-admission into the program.
The certificate program of study must be completed with a 3.00 GPA overall with a a grade of B-minus or better for all graduate courses used to satisfy certificate requirements.
Graduate certificate students must take all certificate course work at the University of Louisville. No transfer credits will be accepted toward this graduate certificate program.
|EDAP 518||Survey of Linguistics for Educators||3|
|EDAP 525||World Englishes||3|
|EDAP 530||Language, Society & Power||3|
|EDAP 535||Teaching English as an International Language||3|
|Minimum Total Hours||12|