Structural Engineering (CERT)
The admission standards for the Graduate Certificate program in Structural Engineering are as follows:
- All admission applications for the Graduate Certificate program shall include:
- A completed graduate application for the Graduate School,
- An application fee,
- Official transcript certifying at least a bachelor's degree. All transcripts not in English must be certified as authentic and translated verbatim into English.
- The minimum requirement for admission is the baccalaureate degree in Civil Engineering or its equivalent from an accredited institution.
- The successful applicant will typically have an undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 or above (on a 4.00 scale).
- International students whose primary language is not English must show English language proficiency. Applicants must either submit an official TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo score or demonstrate a degree award from an acceptable English language institution. The successful applicant will typically have a total TOEFL score of 80 or higher, an overall IELTS score of 6.5 or higher or a Duolingo score of 105.
Students can enroll in a Graduate Certificate program either as a non-degree seeking student or as a student simultaneously enrolled in a graduate degree program and this graduate certificate program. Students who wish to earn a graduate degree must meet all admission criteria for the degree program.
All students enrolled in a graduate certificate program are expected to make steady and satisfactory progress toward the completion of the certificate. Students who are not enrolled for a period of more than 12 months will be considered to have withdrawn from the certificate program. Students who seek to return after such a period of time must contact the graduate program director.
The following certificate requirements are mandatory for all Graduate Certificate candidates:
- The Certificate Program of Study must be completed with a 3.00 GPA or better for all graduate courses used to satisfy certificate requirements.
- Graduate certificate students must take all certificate course work at the University of Louisville. No transfer credits will be accepted toward a graduate certificate.
|CEE 522||Fundamentals of Prestressed Concrete||3|
|CEE 626||Masonry Design||3|
|or CEE 523||Timber Design|
|CEE 524||Bridge Design||3|
|Approved Engineering Electives (600 level)|
|Students will choose one of the following:||3|
|Special Topics in Civil Engineering (Building Information Modeling)|
|Minimum Total Hours||12|
The Certificate Program of Study must be completed with a 3.00 GPA or better for all graduate courses used to satisfy certificate requirements.
Graduate certificate students must take all certificate course work at the University of Louisville. No transfer credits will be accepted toward a graduate certificate.