Artificial Intelligence in Medicine (CERT)
The admission standards for the Graduate Certificate program in Artificial Intelligence in Medicine are as follows:
- All admission applications for the Graduate Certificate program shall include:
- A completed graduate application for the Graduate School
- Application fee
- Official transcript certifying at least a bachelor's degree. All transcripts not in English must be certified as authentic and translated verbatim into English.
- The minimum requirement for admission is the baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution, or current enrollment in a graduate Speed School program, and completion of BE 340 (Computational Methodologies in Bioengineering) or its equivalent.
- The successful applicant will typically have an undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or above (on a 4.00 scale) in their engineering courses.
- The minimum math pre-requisite course required is ENGR 205 (Differential Equations for Engineering) or its equivalent.
- International students whose primary language is not English must show English language proficiency. Applicants must either submit an official TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo score, or demonstrate a degree award from an acceptable English language institution. The successful applicant will typically have a total TOEFL score of 80 or higher, an overall IELTS score of 6.5 or higher or Duolingo score of 105.
Students can enroll in a Graduate Certificate program either as a non-degree seeking student or as a student simultaneously enrolled in a graduate degree program and this graduate certificate program. Students who wish to earn a graduate degree must meet all admission criteria for the degree program.
All students enrolled in a graduate certificate program are expected to make steady and satisfactory progress toward the completion of the certificate. Students who are not enrolled for a period of more than 12 months will be considered to have withdrawn from the certificate program. Students who seek to return after such a period of time must contact the graduate program director.
The following certificate requirements are mandatory of all Graduate Certificate candidates:
- The Certificate Program of Study must be completed with a 3.0 GPA or better for all graduate courses used to satisfy certificate requirements.
- Graduate certificate students must take all certificate course work at the University of Louisville. No transfer credits will be accepted towards a graduate certificate.
The Bioengineering Department has established the following grade policy for the Artificial Intelligence in Medicine Graduate Certificate program:
- A student cannot receive a C+ or lower grade in courses counting towards the certificate.
Additionally, all program requirements for this certificate must be completed within three years from admission into the program.
|Choose 15 credit hours from the list below (9 credit hours must be from BE courses):||15|
|LabVIEW for Bioengineers|
|Machine Learning in Python|
|Machine Learning in Medicine|
|Medical Image Computing|
|Computer Tools for Medical Image Analysis|
|Artificial Intelligence Techniques in Digital Pathology|
|Computational Methods for Medical Image Analysis|
|Artificial Intelligence and Radiomics|
|Modeling of Biological Phenomena|
|Python and Data Analytics|
|Introduction to Machine Learning|
|Deep Learning Algorithms and Methods|
|Special Topics in Computer Science and Engineering (Big Data Analytics Tools & Tech)|
|NOTE: Only one of either CSE 632 or PHMS 641 can count towards certificate|
|Medical Imaging Systems|
|Introduction to Bioinformatics|
|Special Topics in Computer Science and Engineering 1|
|Introduction to Statistical Computing|
|Basic Statistical Methods for Bioinformatics|
|Biostatistical Methods II|
|Advanced Statistical Computing I|
|Data Mining I|
|Data Mining II|
|Minimum Total Hours||15|
CSE 694 Special Topics options:
- Current topics in Bioinformatics
- Topics in Advanced Machine Learning Theory & Methods