Public History (CERT)
Students seeking the certificate as a stand-alone program should apply through the Graduate School. Create an account. When asked to choose a program, select "Graduate - non-degree." On the next page, select "College of Arts and Sciences," then "Public History (CHI)."
The following materials are required for the certificate program:
- Two letters of recommendation
- Undergraduate transcripts
- GRE scores
- Personal statement of interest in public history (500 words)
- Application fee
History MA students who wish to enroll in the certificate program must complete the online application (see link above) and submit:
- A letter of recommendation from a University of Louisville faculty member
- A personal statement of interest in public history.
All materials from applications for the MA program will also be considered.
|HIST 597||Introduction to Public History||3|
|HIST 608||Practicum in Public History (Internship)||3|
|Two 600-level non-public history courses in the Department of History||6|
|Two public history electives at the 500 level or above||6|
|Minimum Total Hours||18|