Health Professions Education (CERT)
The HROD Admissions Committee requires the following materials:
- Complete the online application to the Graduate School.
- Transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work. Unconditional admission requires a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 for all coursework taken AND a minimum GPA of 2.75 for coursework at the undergraduate degree-granting institution.
- For applicants without a terminal degree (e.g., MD, DDS, PhD), GRE scores must be submitted.
Please note: when submitting GRE scores through ETS, have scores sent using the general University of Louisville code, 1838.
- All applicants for whom English is a second language must also submit official TOEFL scores of 79 or higher on the internet-based test, 213 or higher on the computer-based test. English proficiency can also be met by submitting official IELTS scores of at least 6.5 overall band score from the academic module exam or official Duolingo overall score of 105. Students holding a bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited institution in the United States may be exempt from this requirement.
- Two letters of recommendation. If you have studied at a college or university in the last five years, the admissions committee prefers to see at least one letter from a faculty member. Other references can include work supervisors. Personal references (e.g., family, friends) are not accepted.
- Goal Statement Sheet [PDF]. The Admissions Committee evaluates applications based on how an applicant's goals, professional experiences, and commitment to education are an appropriate fit with this program.
- Current Resume
Admission is competitive. Meeting the GRE and GPA minimums do not guarantee acceptance into the program.
The current course sequence is as follows:
|LEAD 665||Foundations of Health Professions Education||3|
|LEAD 675||Teaching and Learning in Health Professions Education||3|
|LEAD 676||Instructional Strategies in Health Professions Education||3|
|LEAD 685||Evidence-based Practice in HPE||3|
|Minimum Total Hours||12|
Must enroll in section taught at the HSC campus.