Curriculum and Instruction (EdS)
- Master's degree in Education (or related area) with a minimum 3.3. GPA
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- A written rationale for pursuing the degree, including philosophy of education (limit of one page)
- A current resume or vita
- Three years of full-time K-12 teaching experience
- Two written letters of recommendation attesting to the candidate's skills and understanding of (a) ability to improve student achievement, (b) leadership, (c) advanced knowledge of curriculum, instruction, and assessment. One must be from the current site supervisor.
- Completion of 6 hours of advanced teaching coursework (beyond initial teacher preparation program)
The student will meet with their advisor to develop an area of focus/emphasis*.
|EDAP 770 Education Specialist Research||3|
|Quantitative and Qualitative Coursework (6-9 hours from the courses below):||6-9|
|Intermediate Applied Statistics|
|Applied Multiple Regression|
|Qualitative Field Research Methods|
|Qualitative Data Analysis and Representation|
|Leadership (6 hours from the courses below): 1||6|
|Developing Collaborative Groups: Facilitating, Coaching and Mentoring|
|Systems and Structures for School Improvement|
|FUNDAMENTALS OF SCHOOL LEADERSHIP|
|Creating Equitable & Reliable Learning Environments|
|Specialization or Concentration||12-15|
|Midpoint Assessment 2|
|Exit Requirements 3|
Or equivalent course approved by faculty advisor.
Successful completion of 15 credit hours; scored exemplary or target on advanced program rubrics (by instructor); acceptable dispositions rubric (scored by advisor). Minimum 3.0 GPA.
Successful completion of all required coursework and research project. Minimum 3.3 GPA with no grade lower than "C".
Areas of focus/emphasis* include but are not limited to the list below:
Elementary Math Specialist
English as a Second Language Endorsement
Classroom Reading Endorsement
Content Area Teaching Endorsement
*Please meet with advisor to develop a plan that meets your goals.
Courses required vary based upon the content area.