Six Sigma (CERT)
Graduate Certificate in Six Sigma
This program is completed entirely online.
The Six Sigma graduate certificate delivers comprehensive knowledge and skills in process improvement. The program will prepare students and professionals to receive the Six Sigma Black Belt Certification from the Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (IISE) while taking nine Engineering Management credit hours that can used towards a college degree.
Graduates of the certificate program will have the skills necessary to successfully lead Six Sigma projects in the manufacturing, healthcare, or service industry.
The admission standards for the Graduate Certificate program in Six Sigma Black Belt are as follows:
- All admission applications for the Graduate Certificate program shall include the following:
- Completed graduate application for the Graduate School,
- Application fee,
- Official transcript certifying at least a bachelor's degree. All transcripts not in English must be certified as authentic and translated verbatim into English.
- The minimum requirement for admission is the baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution.
- The successful applicant will typically have an undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 or above (on a 4.00 scale).
GMAT/GRE scores are not required.
Students enrolling in this graduate certificate program will need to have sufficient statistics (one semester of Introduction to Statistics) and math (one semester of Calculus I) for program admission. Students can enroll in a Graduate Certificate program either as a non-degree seeking student or as a student simultaneously enrolled in a graduate degree program and this graduate certificate program. Students who wish to earn a graduate degree must meet all admission criteria for the degree program.
|EM 613||Operations Management||3|
|EM 661||Engineering Statistics II||3|
|EM 684||Applications for Process Improvement I||1.5|
|EM 685||Applications for Process Improvement II||1.5|
|Minimum Total Hours||9|
The certificate program of study must be completed with a 3.00 GPA or better for all graduate courses used to satisfy certificate requirements.